- Linking of the client in aged care with a trained volunteer biographer.
- An initial session where the two meet, the program is explained, and written consent is taken.
- 6-8 private sessions (usually around 1 hour, once a week) where the volunteer biographer helps the client record their life story or personal tributes into an audio-recorder.
- Transcription of the audio recording to draft text by the volunteer.
- Editing of the drafts at the direction of the client.
- Scanning and insertion of any photos, mementos, artwork, poetry etc.
- Printing and binding of the biography once the final draft is approved by the client. Two plastic bound hardcopies and an electronic copy are given to the client.