- Linking of the client in aged care with a trained volunteer biographer.
- An initial session where the two meet, the program is explained, and written consent is taken.
- 6-8 private sessions (usually around 1 hour, once a week) where the volunteer biographer helps the client record their life story or personal tributes into an audio-recorder.
- Transcription of the audio recording to draft text by the volunteer.
- Editing of the drafts at the direction of the client.
- Scanning and insertion of any photos, mementos, artwork, poetry etc.
- Printing and binding of the biography once the final draft is approved by the client. Two plastic bound hardcopies and an electronic copy are given to the client.
Recruiting Volunteer Positions!
Sign up to our free eNewsletter so we can notify you of upcoming volunteer training sessions, information and events.
In the Media